The smart hackers from XDA Developers did it again and a new Auto-Nooter destined to bring the full glory to your Nook Color version 1.1 was released. As with the older versions, Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 does more than just root your Nook Colors, it automatically install necessary applications and performs the required hacks for a functional Android Market, GMail, Calendar, Calculator, Softkeys, Live Wallpapers and many other goodies.
Here is the full list of the enhancements / applications Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 bring to the table:
1. Installs su and Superuser.apk
2. Installs Busybox with whoami
3. Installs Softkeys 3.0.6
4. Installs NookColor Tools (To Enable Non-Market Installs, and re-enable ADB)
5. Installs Calendar and Calculator.
6. Installs Android Market, Gmail, Youtube end enables them.
7. Installs Gingerbread Keyboard
8. Enable ADB
9. Enable Multi-touch for Android Apps
10. Enables Live Wallpapers
The root is very stable with the main reported problem being that the ADB access doesn’t stick after a reboot / cable removal so it would need to be re-enabled. However, once you successfully root it and enable Market / side loading of apps, you won’t really need ADB access to often.
You can download the new Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 from Mediafire.
via XDA Developers