Nook Firmware 1.5 is out, adds categories, sync and security and search in My Documents side loaded content!
Folks, the long awaited Nook Firmware 1.5 is out and it brings out a plethora of fixes and enhancements that makes your device faster and smarter. You can download it here and install it manually if you are not prompted to update yet. Just download the file on the root of the Nook drive when connected to the PC via USB and restart your Nook. What is new?
- Faster page turns – now the page turning speed is significant, not quite Kindle 3 speed but noticeable faster than before
- Improved search
- You can now synchronize your reading over multiple devices. Start reading on one (for ex. iPad, and you can continue reading on your Nook, iPhone, etc)
- Category support – called My Shelves – available both in B & N Library (purchased content) and My Documents (side loaded content)
- Security – you can now password protect both your Nook (something like the BIOS password for the PC) and your store access (so nobody can buy books from your Nook)
- Search in My Documents and side loaded content – I installed Nook Firmware 1.5 and although is not advertised by Barnes and Noble, searching books by Title or Author works now for side loaded content. In book word search works as well.
You can read out full Nook review here.